Shopping the Market
Someday I'll take my camera along to the market to let you see it (though you'll be missing the smells, an integral part of the experience!), but today I'll just show you what I bought for around $23 CA. Pretty amazing - and it's all fresh and cheap. Knowing that helps me ignore all the not-so-pleasant things at the market and just get in and out quickly! Bob still shops for the meat there - not sure I'll ever be ready to do that, but at least I will go there and get fruits, vegetables, eggs and coconut milk!
Delicious! I've been making fresh salsa every couple of weeks, family-friendly pina coladas with pineapple and coconut milk freshly squeezed each day and watermelon juice - one of Bob's favorite drinks here. Fresh summer eating - all year long!! One of the good things about life here!
Until next time,
Karin
Comments