Returning to the blog...

Welcome to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah! Back in July we travelled to Borneo where Bob spoke to a group of linguistic workers. After we were picked up at the airport they took us to a local restaurant that is famous for it's jugs of freshly squeezed juice. Bob's favorite is watermelon and he certainly had his fill on this day!!



One afternoon we borrowed a jeep and headed back to the city for an afternoon of exploring. We were staying in a very remote place so it was nice to get a change of scenery. Josh is bending over here - it seems like he grows a couple of inches every week! And Rachel's offering her typical photo face.



Just looking down the beach in front of where we were staying - we could hear the waves all the time, and if you were careful to dodge what the beach cows left behind it was nice to walk there too!

This is a house we drove by on the way to the 'rustic resort' where we stayed. On the front and right corner you can see some bottles lined up in the open window - that's a little 'corner store' for the people who live around there. I see these places all the time, but it's hard to imagine living in these kind of circumstances.


Bob enjoyed speaking to this group of people and it was very encouraging to hear how God used what he spoke about to encourage and challenge many of them.



As you know we've moved into a new place - and I will pull out my camera and get some photos up very soon.
My Korean friend, Young Sil, came over with a customary Korean housewarming gift - laundry detergent, toilet paper and kleenex.
The custom is based on the belief that laundry soap creates lots of bubbles when used, which in turn is a good luck charm to the home because the bubbles get big with the addition of water and this signifies wealth and a comfortable home life.
The TP and kleenex are viewed as endless supplies of good luck.
These go on record as the most interesting housewarming gifts I've ever received! And they are also practical and useful - can't go wrong with that.
So I'm realizing now that I need to get out my camera and get more photos posted, but following are a few more highlights from the last few months:
  • braces for both Josh and Rachel. Not sure they would term this as a 'highlight' though...
  • the beginning of school on August 11 - both kids were glad to see their friends again.
  • a last minute trip for me to Singapore to take in a professional level Life Coaching course. I just returned yesterday and already have my first 'client' to begin working with. I'm very excited about all that God taught me and did within me during this week and can't wait to get started!

And I realize it's also time to resume regular blogging as we have now returned to a more regular schedule. So I'll be looking for new experiences and thoughts to share as we continue our adventure here in Penang!

Catching up in Penang,

Karin


Comments

Anda said…
I am so happy that you have updated your blog, even though I get emails each week it is so nice to go here and see your pictures and to see how you all are. Yes please do send us some photos of your new place and also a picture of you. there never seems to be any. I know i am like that also.
I have written to you many times, but havnt sent them out yet. I will this week. I will send all of the letters that way I dont have to rewrite. Big hugs.

Popular posts from this blog

Hike to Turtle Beach ( and just a little side note to say that Rachel is the Best!!!)

Penang Skies

Settling into life in Penang