Squirrel Soup?

I've been recently hit with an assortment of symptoms that simply make me feel miserable. I lived with this illness for more than 18 months a few years ago and am trying not to worry about having to deal with it for a long time again.

I have already been given advice from several people, but my favorite and most unusual to date happened on Sunday. One local Malaysian woman told me that when her mom was ill, she would send someone out to shoot a squirrel, bring it home and boil the squirrel with ginger and other ingredients. (didn't ask about the other ingredients - I was still stuck on 'squirrel') Her mom would drink this broth and it would cure her!!

Well...I think I'll be sticking with Lipton's Chicken Noodle and tea for now, but I guess I'll keep this in the back of my mind in case I get desperate...WAY WAY in the back of my mind!!

Hoping for a quick recovery in Penang,

Karin

Comments

Anastasia said…
:) I don't know about the squirrel, but i think the ginger may be the ingredient that helps.

Popular posts from this blog

Hike to Turtle Beach ( and just a little side note to say that Rachel is the Best!!!)

Penang Skies

Settling into life in Penang