Random Blogging...
I intended to share the 'funny and perhaps not so funny' moments of our life here through this blog, so here are a couple of entries into those categories - I'll let you choose which one!
- We were out for the first of the 'Farewell' dinners last week. (Penang is so transient, we know of at least 55 people we've met through church or school who will be moving in the next few weeks!) While we were waiting for the others to arrive at the restaurant, I saw my first...RAT running down the gutter. Ick. It was just out of the corner of my eye, but, still...Ick.
- Yesterday Bob and I saw a movie (cheap cheap entertainment!) and after the movie I made a pit stop in the bathroom. As far as Asian bathrooms go, it's actually pretty good, but still, not somewhere I want to linger. One 'feature' that bathrooms have here in Asia is a water hose attached to the wall for, um, hygiene purposes. As I was leaving the stall my purse accidentally hit the tap and turned the water on FULL BLAST. It was aimed at the ceiling and turned into a waterfall pouring down on me and the next stall as well. The woman 'next door' came bolting out and everyone else in the bathroom stared and asked what happened and laughed at me...oh, my. A most embarassing moment for sure!
On a happier note, Josh and Rachel are nearly done school! Exams start on Thursday of this week, so they are preparing for their finals and signing yearbooks and looking forward to sleeping in! We're anticipating a relaxing family vacation in Bali in June. We were advised early on to plan a vacation at the 5 or 6 month mark to help with the transition and stress, so we dutifully followed that advice. (Not hard to do!) Bob, with his typical bargain-hunting skills, found us great flight and accomodation prices. People here are already amazed at how he can find the deals!
While we're in Bali we hope to enjoy the beach, take surfing lessons and travel up into the hills to a lovely craft village that everyone is telling us about. There also happens to be an annual meeting of our Indonesian co-workers being held at the same time we are there, so we'll be able to drop in to see some people that we know as well as meet some others whom we haven't met before.
Adjusting in Penang,
Karin
Comments
I pray daily for strength and think of you all often. I miss you all, especially in times that I could turn to you and Bob for advice or topics. I sure have changed as per my dependance, and it is with God of course. Love you all lots and May God continue to Bless you abundatly and give you Broad shoulders through all challenges.Love Anda family
Enjoy every bit of your vacation!