Slurpee Run, Penang Style

Looks familiar? I think you can find a 7-11 almost anywhere in the world! We decided to have a 'slurpee run' one night, and since it's my un-official job to embarass my teenagers, I brought my camera along!

This is Rachel trying to pretend that she doesn't know me...though when four white people enter a store together here in Penang it's pretty much a given that they belong together! I am not sure why Josh is pointing out the slurpee machine - perhaps he is practicing to work on 'Wheel of Fortune' someday...

Now we are on our way home with the slurpees - the straw really wasn't in Rachel's nose...it was the camera angle....I promise...



And, finally, this is what we drove to 7-11. It's a Toyota Unser - kind of a van/SUV cross. It's got a nice strong air-conditioner - my favorite part of the vehicle. And it seats 8 people, so if you are ever in our neck of the woods we'll be sure to pick you up and let you stay for a while. The steering wheel is on the 'wrong' side, of course, but I am SO thankful that it is an automatic as I'm pretty sure that I would be terrible at left handed gear shifting.


So there's a little slice of life in Penang that's not so different than life in Canada. Well, except for it's February and it's 32 degrees outside and slurpees melt really fast here in February...and, well, you get the picture...


Until next time, we're trying to stay cool (in both senses of the word)...

Karin


Comments

Cheryl said…
YOU HAVE 7-11!!!!!! You are so lucky!! They don't have that here, nor do they have slurpees! When we went to Australia we practically had an accident cuz we were so excited to see one there and had to have a slurpee fix.... but do they have DQ? Cuz we don't and we think it should go world-wide!
Unknown said…
life must be catching up to you as you havent written for a good long time now!
Sarah Wensley said…
Hmmm. Slurpee runs! We are going to have to do one when we come just for old times sake! Nice ride dad! Is it better than the van?

Popular posts from this blog

Hike to Turtle Beach ( and just a little side note to say that Rachel is the Best!!!)

Penang Skies

Settling into life in Penang